Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Next stop... Cuba!!!

Wha? Am I missing something here? Just because I don’t WATCH the news, did I miss some big deal with Cuba?

Now maybe it’s just me, but Cuba isn’t even on my radar and their physical proximity is pretty damn close to me. Let’s see, on my radar I see Iraq, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, and a whole mess of stuff in Africa that I kind of prefer to put blinders on and not deal with, although gut feeling is its bad bad bad over there. Hmm. Did I mention Cuba? I didn’t think so either. Fidel must be feeling lonely and left out. Nobody has been openly hating him lately. Tell me Fidel, could we be just a little more Narcissistic? I think not. Are you sure Bill isn’t a long lost son? Check on that for me, will ya?

It took me forever to find this damn article on line. Everyone wanted me to subscribe. Bah! But here it is. Take your pick of favorite quotes. I think Fidel is thinking of quitting his day job…

"Do not try crazy adventures such as surgical strikes or wars of attrition using sophisticated techniques, because you could lose control of the situation," Castro said in a speech addressed specifically to Bush before the morning.

"You could shatter the immigration agreement and provoke a mass exodus that we would not be in a position to prevent, and you could bring about an all-out war between young American soldiers and the Cuban people," he said. "That would be very sad.

"You would never be able to win that war," the Cuban leader said. "Here you will not find a divided people."


Shaking my head. You can’t make stuff like this up.

3 Comments:

Blogger littlejoe said...

A desperate cry for relevance in the post Soviet world. Sad really.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Pam of Pamibe posted that same quote, so I'm going to make the same comment here:

"So... he's threatening to attack us with huddled masses yearning to breathe free?

What's next? The comfy chair?"

Also, if you're sick of registering, here's a helpful site:

http://www.bugmenot.com/

Enter the name of the annoying website and they'll give you a working name & password.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

I don't even know why we bother with this twerp. It is going to be interestng when Fidel finally kicks the bucket.

Oh I didn't see Pam's blog. I'll have to go check it out. But you're right. People yearning to be free as well as wanting to see relatives that already live here, don't really scare me.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home