Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

The Great Omnipotent One

Blog Father Harvey suggested to me that I find some way to distinguish between my Blog Fathers and my Real Dad. This was a couple days ago and I’ve been thinking about it ever since. From here on out, I will now refer to my biological Father and real Dad as The Great Omnipotent One. I know, it’s long, but if I refer to it that much, I’ll just abbreviate to TGOO. That’s Dad. I called him The Great Omnipotent One in High School and not as a smart ass either. We had these napkin rings and we all had our names on them. He jokingly put that on his napkin ring and it stuck. And it fit. One of his favorite lines in our house growing up was, “This is NOT a democracy… this is a dictatorship!”, and he MEANT it! I come from a tight knit family and am very close to both my parents. And allow me to add, that all my friends completely love both my parents. They are super cool and even in High School, everyone loved them and still do.

So, The Great Omnipotent One it is. That should distinguish them! BTW, Happy Father's Day! :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bou said...

Yeah, we used the formal dining room at night. Otherwise its just a big wasted room! It's only a few more feet from the kitchen table to the dining room.

But now you are bringing back memories and making me laugh. The big joke my younger siblings used to do, which looking back was disgusting, after I left for college, they would make sure my napkin was NOT washed before I came home the next time. So whatever food was on there when I left, was still caked on there when I got home 6 months later. Blech.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I've met your dad(TGOO). I guess he's all right but he does his crosswords in pencil.
PFB

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home