Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

It IS a Need

One of my favorite bloggers, Jack of Random Fate has an interesting post on why he blogs HERE. I liked all of it, but this caught my eye, “I write because I NEED to write. Those who write, understand, those who do not, will not understand.”

Yup. I get it. That’s the nice thing about blogging. I’m not the great American novel kinda gal. I’ll never write fiction. I’ll never do the research for non-fiction. I could do a newspaper column, perhaps, but that’s not happening. One of the many reasons I blog… “I write because I NEED to write.”

I was writing before I was blogging and when I stop blogging, I will continue to write. It isn’t uncommon for me to open a word document and just write for an hour, stream of consciousness about anything and everything… and then hit delete.

I write because I NEED to write. Jack nailed it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

I know exactly what you mean. It's the same thing for me!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger David said...

Think, Harlan Ellison... I Have No Mouth, and I Must ScreamReason enough to blog, I suppose...

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home