Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, February 18, 2005

He's a GREAT Guy, I Don't Care WHAT He Tells You

Blog Bro _Jon spent the night with us last night. He stopped by VWs and played with her two boys and her horse dog, met Pony, and then traveled even further into the sticks and visited with me and my boys. Actually, my boys and I met _Jon at VW’s first, and then he rejoined us later at our home. The first thing out of my eldest son’s mouth was, “Mom, does _Jon play games? Video games?” Ummm… Yeah. We’re talking about _Jon, the gaming King. *grin*

_Jon gets to our house and all during dinner the boys are saying, “_Jon, come play with us. _Jon, come try our new game. _Jon, we have four controllers now. _Jon…” Finally at 8:10 I said, “_Jon, they go to bed at 8:30, so you have 20 minutes you have to spend with them.” So off he went to play.

OK, here’s the deal. If you are a man and you come to my house, you are a toy. You did not come to see me or my husband… you came to see THEM because THEY are the center of the universe… not the sun. My kids are not introverted, in particular not in their own home. They will get in your space, they will climb on you, they will play with you. Period. I just sorta forgot to tell _Jon that.

So I’m cleaning the kitchen, I look over and _Jon is on the couch with the boys playing the Gamecube. I turn my back, turn back around, and now my two eldest are sitting next to him, but my 3rd son, the imp child, the 5 year old who truly believes the world stops for him, is SITTING ON _JON’S SHOULDERS, controller in hand, playing this game. _Jon hasn’t skipped a beat. He’s sitting there like this is a common occurrence. Sure,he always has a 5 year old on his shoulders when he plays video games.

There the four of them sat, _Jon next to my two eldest and my youngest on his shoulders, all of them with controllers in hand, and my three kids yelling and screaming at the TV and each other… like they normally do.

Did I tell you how much I like _Jon? He’s the best.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, this from a guy who complained about having 30 kids on his flight. (Yes, he did take the time to count each and everyone - in between playing his gameboy.) Who would have guessed?

Beloved Wife

1:18 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

You are so right! _Jon is fantastic. He was great to talk to and my kids loved him. I feel so priviledged that he stopped by to see me and my family.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

He just sent me a text message. He counted 47 kids on the flight home! ;-)

So....where's the picture!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Me too! :-)

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home