Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

On the same note…

A happy late birthday to my sister, Morrigan, who turned Thirty Four. I loved typing that. Heh. (Yes, I called her on her bday and my boys sang to her on her voice mail. I just forgot to post it...)

She is my younger sister by almost 6 years. She was accidentally born in the house, while The Great Omnipotent One was stationed in Mayport, Florida, and he delivered her. We loved to joke with her that he dropped her on her head.

She was of course the brunt of relentless teasing being the youngest. We, my brother and I, blindfolded her once while my folks were out, and played a “Guess what food this is” game. It ended with us feeding her coffee grounds and dog food. She was so trusting…

Now as an adult, she is a beautiful, smart, and vibrant woman. (Remarkably undamaged considering how we teased her.) Men stare when she walks in. Auburn hair, green eyes, and an infectious laugh… she is tiny but big energy. When God was doling out body, personality, and hair, she stepped in line twice. (I got the analytical mind.)

One way or another, we intend to grow old together. That is our plan. The men in our lives have no say… they’ll just come along for the ride.

So Happy Late Birthday, Morrigan. I Love You.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Happy Birthday Morrigan! 34?!? Oh to be that young again!!!!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love unconditional love and the way it views you. Thanks Bou- to many more years of our growing old together with our men tolerating it on the sidelines. Sissy- fortunately for you, I feed you real food; not coffee grounds and dog food. Although that could change. :o)

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you two must be identical twins? Your description of your sister sounds just like you! And, Mr Bad Example did stop to stare as you walked in (in between all the hugging). His first comment about you to me was about your beautiful eyes. Take some credit, girl, you're gorgeous too! Need I pull out that infamous word "Brunswick"! :)

Beloved Wife

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home