Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, February 14, 2005

He's ONLY EIGHT!

Well, in case you live under a rock or in a cave, today is Valentine’s Day. The kids are excited about it. Son#3 came home wearing some dopey hat with antennae hearts. It was worth it just for the hat.

Of course I have been relentless on the teasing. Today’s car conversation went something like this (Son#3 was in art class making his dopey hat):

Me: Soooooooooo, did you get any Valentines that say ‘smoochy smoochy, I am so in love with you?” *big grin*

Son#1: No. Mom. Blech. Thank God.

Son#2: Grace is in love with me. (rolling his eyes as he does not feel the same way)

Me: She is? How do you know that. You’re 8.

Son#2: Don’t you remember in 1st grade when she had Sidney and Meagan pin me down at recess so she could kiss me on the lips?

Me: Oh yeah. But that was last year and by the way, that wasn’t nice.

Son#2: She’s still in love with me. She wants to marry me.

Me: Marry you? You are 8. She wants to marry you? How do you know this?

Son#2 now rolling his eyes: Because, Mom, she WROTE it on the dumpster.

Me: Wha???

Son#2: Yeah. She had chalk at recess and went behind the dumpster and wrote, “I want to marey Son#2 and I want to kiss him on the lips.” (I asked about the spelling of marry since I know she is not one of the better students in class. Being a Catholic school, I just assumed she would spell it ‘Mary’.)

Me, shaking my finger at him in my rearview mirror, where it appears all our important mother/ child conversations take place: You stay away from that little girl! Do you hear me?

Geezoweez. ‘I want to kiss him on the lips’. That girls going to get to high school and it’s going to get vulgar. Thank God she’s moving. To Missouri. At the end of the school year. I wish it were tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bou .. I got a promise ring (not the "Special Present")from my little Irishman today :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Contagion said...

Ya know, give it like 4 years and son #2 will be trying to hunt down girls like that. Especially the Catholic School girls...

10:30 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

WHERE were the girls like that when *I* was 8? :-(

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home