Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Aftermath

So we’re feeling enormously blessed still. The insurance adjuster came today and did verify the car is totaled. My husband is to be examined by a doctor in the next week to make sure he’s OK. He’s sore as hell and can really feel it at work.

Me? I’m still a little freaky. Usually come 5:00, I’m cooking dinner in one hand, answering the phone with the other, yelling at some kid to quit jumping on the couch, helping yet another with their homework, and trying to get another kid to quit whining. All at once.

On a typical day, my husband walks in and I give this half wave, while still cooking dinner, pulling down dinner dishes, pulling two kids off each other who seem intent on drawing blood, and convincing yet the 3rd child that he really does need to get his backpack from my car once and for all. And the phone is ringing.

Now, he walks in the door, I put everything down and hang on him.

I suspect that the Aliens will come back and return my natural life force to me shortly. I give it a week. But for now, I can’t quit just being thankful every time he walks in that damn door.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your husband is not seriously injured. I don't know the rules in your state. In my state you have up to a year before you have to settle with insurance.

Make sure hubby is checked medically. Not too long ago a driver switched lanes at an intersection because he thought I was going to keep going through the yellow/red light. I had come to a complete stop when he decided to play bumper cars and send me flying through the intersection like a bad game of pool. All is well now.

Make sure he is okay now and check again in six months.

~ cin in socal

4:00 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

So easy to take things for granted, isn't it? I try to make sure to see Doug off to work in the morning and welcome him home st night. Because, like was said, you just never know.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home