Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

I Do Not Know of What You Speak

I have to admit something... I don't think I've ever seen a snow blower up front and personal. Seriously. I'm trying to think if TGOO owned one when he did his Ann Arbor stint and I don't think so.

I know we didn't when we lived in DC. I'm not sure they were invented back then.

I've never heard one. I've never touched one. I get the feeling they look like the leaf blowers we have down here so chances are if I saw one I'd think "Oh. Leaf Blower". Perhaps they sound the same too?

And the jokes that are told on various blogs with regard to snow blowers and either what a pain in the butt they are or how they 'blow snow back at you' are completely lost on me. Completely.

3 Comments:

Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Bou, some of the weaker ones may sound like a leaf blower. Most sound like a heavy duty lawn mower. As to what they look like, here is a picture of a weak one. The good ones have a serious auger on the front.

Personally, I don't own one ... I am one! : )

2:14 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

And those of us who spent their formative years in the wonderful mid-west can answer to T1G's statement of (a) I was the snow blower (or shoveler, whichever you prefer) and also (b) the snowblowee responsible for clearing off the driveway and sidwalks when we did finally get a snowblower.

And yes, you had to be careful on windy days which way you had the snow "blow" or it would blow back on you. Added fun! And the sound is like a Tim Taylor lawn mower. Much louder than a leaf blower and you get the same vibrated fingertips when you're done as you do from the lawn mower.

All in all great fun! But much better than shoveling any day! Ahhh, memories!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Bou - Here's what a snowblower looks like in action:

http://www.jimnshelle.net/sunybank/archives/snowblower%203%20small.JPGwhich should give you a better idea about that blowback problem.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home