Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Carnival of the Recipes

I have been remiss. To get myself back into it, I will ease in with a drinky thingy.

Those who know me know I do not drink… well… except for The Great Omnipotent One’s Irish Coffee. I think there’s coffee in the recipe. We typically drink it as Christmas and I try to make sure I only have one, although that is difficult.

By the way, this week’s host of the Carnival is Physics Geek! So thank you to Physics Geek for getting this together for us and thank you to Beth for keeping this moving! Tomorrow I will post a link to the entire Carnival at Physics Geek’s home… as in blog home… not real home...

Irish Coffee

1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream Liquor
1 ounce Crème de Cacao
1 ounce Crème de Mint
Coffee
Irish Coffee Mugs
Redi Whip or Whipped Cream (Harvey… it’s for the DRINK, big guy.)
Cherries
Straw

Put Irish Crème and crème de cacao and ½ ounce crème de mint into coffee cup. Add coffee. Squirt whipped cream on top, dribble last ½ ounce of crème de mint over the white whipped cream. (Green Crème de Mint looks nice.) Top with cherry and add a straw.

2 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

"Squirt whipped cream on top"

Then "accidentally" lose control of the nozzle and splatter Bou with it... ;-)

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cousin, who's more traditional approach was to chase a slug of Jameson's with a cup of black coffee, followed by a squirt of whipped cream on the tongue, warns that abuse of this drink can lead to coffee nerves.

If you are really decadent, just enhale the laughing gas used to pressurise the whipped cream.

triticale - the wheat / rye guy

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home