Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

It's Not that I DIDN'T Need to Know... But...

Last night, I was sitting here blogging when my phone rang. It was late... 10ish or so, my kids were in bed and my husband is traveling for the last time this calendar year. Thank God. I picked up the phone and it was the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office with a special message. The PBSO has one of those automated call machines and they can call all of us in their jurisdiction with important information. We're talking 10s of 1000s of people.

Whatever could they want to tell me? So I hit the response to hear the message and got a man's voice telling me that there was/is a r-apist on the loose. A woman had been r-aped the day before, while in her garage doing laundry, just 10 miles from my home. After the assault, she managed to escape further injury or murder by spraying bleach in his face.

Oh yeah, that's what I want to hear just as I'm going to turn off the lights. Needless to say I did not sleep well. Blech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home