Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Shorty Legs!

PE! I haven’t blogged on that in awhile. Last week, we divided the kids up into relays and I was jumping up and down, flailing my arms and hands over my head like a maniac, whooping, hollering and just making an all around fool out of myself. At some point I stopped. I must’ve gotten tired. A couple minutes went by and I felt this little tug on my shirt sleeve. I looked down and the person was behind me, grabbing my other shirt sleeve and then alternately pulling on them ‘up and down’, ‘up and down’. I started to laugh… there was the sweetest little blonde haired boy pulling on me to keep cheering. So of course I obliged.

We played duck duck goose today. Am I the only one who doesn’t remember the ‘mush’ pot? Everyone bowing down to the person in the middle saying, “mush… mush… mush” like some sort of bizarre ritual chant? ‘Cause, I don’t remember that. Anyway, the kids are so funny and every now and then they’d hit someone on the head and yell “Duck!” when they meant “Goose” and somehow the chosen person knew… probably by the force of the hand on the head, and as they ran we’d hear the tagger yelling, “oooooohhhhhh, I meeeeaaaannnnt, gooooooosssssse.” You had to be there, but they were so cute.

And we got to play with the parachute. I still love playing with the parachute. Even at 39. We would lift it up, up, up, up and then quickly sit under it, sitting on the edge of the chute so it was like a tent. Their teacher is so funny. We’re all sitting under this chute and they’re talking about bringing out cookies next time to have a picnic under the chute (which means they’ll have to eat quickly as it collapses!) and suddenly, she says, “Wait! Let’s all pretend we’re taking naps and I look around and there are all these five year olds curled up around me fake sleeping under this parachute. They crack me up.

So next week, on one of the days, they’re putting the parachute on the jungle gym and creating a big fort and they’re going to have cookies and juice in their parachute fort. I’m really hoping I don’t miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home