Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

You Can Dress Them Up, but You Can't Take them Out

Today was my weekly breakfast with VW and her yummy little men. The yummy little men were in wonderful form and had excellent behavior, being the sweet squishy kissable little boys that they are.

The Moms? Not so much.

VW reached over and hit her mug of coffee, which luckily had been set on the table 15 minutes before and was now more tepid than hot, and the coffee spilled all over the table, running down the edge all over Son#2. Quickly the spare napkins we get FOR THE KID’S MESSES, were used to mop it up and the waitress came over and helped us clean the mess. Of course our food had come, so we were lifting plates, moving items to get to all the coffee. She brought more napkins.

I’m looking at my breakfast of eggs, grits, bacon, cheese and toast thinking that it was probably not the wisest choice, but I was in a sort of kind of comfort food mood.

Son#2 had dropped something on the floor that needed washing so I had a small bowl of water I had poured out of my 16 oz glass of ice water… and I promptly dropped the nearly full glass… all over the table, creating the biggest spillage mess I think I have ever seen. Our plates are now swimming in water. I wasn’t aware our waitress had witnessed this until I heard an outburst of laughter.

I’m completely horrified. Son#2 is not very amused. I’m sure he got somewhat of a bath in water… the second cycle I guess following his coffee bath. We haven’t even started to eat yet and there is water pouring off the table and ice, did I mention it was a nearly FULL glass of ice water?, covering nearly every square inch of table that did not have a plate upon it.

Waitress, bus boy, VW, me, all cleaning up the mess. The waitress is laughing and saying the two of us made her day… not really sure that’s a compliment, and the only thing I can think of to say is, “We tip really really well!”

After that I was really really in the mood for my comfort food.

GRRR.

4 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

Ahhh Bou, you forgot how you turned green when #2 Son chewed up and spit out some toast. Or how that ice cold water ended up in my bench seat and it looked like I had wet my pants when we left. Actually I figured you were being nice and leaving those out... so of course I had to add them. ;-)

I think one of my favorite parts from yesterday was toward the end of breakfast when #2 Son gave you a really impish grin. I was wondering what you two were up to. Ahh the fun of going out with 2 small children and one devilish adult (that's you Bou). GRIN.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do tell. Did you guys finally give up and drive through McDonald's for breakfast?

Big Smile!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Feisty said...

Oops. That last comment was from me, but I forgot to log in.

Sorry.

;-)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Chrstina... oh I think we were on the cusp of the drivethrough.

What a mess.

VW- I had forgotten about the chewed up toast. Blech. I am so past that part of my life. I thought I would hurl!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home