Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

New Job Benefits

I got a call today from my girlfriend who put my name in for this job. She said to me, “You do remember, that sometimes our jobs could be rather mindless. There is a lot of that here.”

Mindless. Like the job I have now is not mindless? Please. I spend all day in a car driving my kids to and fro.

So allow me to list the potential positives of this potentially new ‘mindless’ job:

The pay. My current job… there is no monetary benefit. I could actually help out financially with the family instead of my husband having the sole responsibility of it.

Listening. People will actually listen to what I have to say. That does not happen in my current job. Actually, in my current capacity, the people I work with tend to be deaf to the sound of my voice.

Appreciation. I know the people I will be working with. They’re the most appreciative people. My technical lead is not only highly intelligent, but he’s one of the most polite and appreciative men I have ever had the pleasure to work with. There is never a lack of a please or a thank you. I don't remember the last time the people I currently work with seemed even remotely appreciative.

Pleasantness. Although I heard the main guy is a complete prick, I am hoping if I get this job that the time I must actually have to interface with him will be limited. Other than that, the guys I’ll be working with are the most pleasant men. They were always kind and complimentary... but not fake and insincere.

So even if the job is mindless, I don’t see many negatives right now. The best part is, I can walk away if it interferes with my family or the big bossman is too much of a jerk. I don’t HAVE to have the job. It would just be nice on many accounts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bou said...

I was talking to the guy whose going to be my lead today and I was saying I was excited because of all the nice people that work there. They didn't hire any of the arrogant jerks. Please, Thank you, How are you today, don't you look nice today... little niceties that I have not voluntarily heard in 4 years. I cannot even comprehend the possibility. It'll be as if I'm on a strange planet.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home