Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Slumber Parties

Son#2 is at his first sleepover. It's a slumber party with 4 other boys from his class. The Mom has another son, so there are 6 boys in her house tonight. Good Lord.

Anyway, it is 8:00 and I am awaiting a phone call from the Mom to come pick him up. I don't think he'll make it through the night. Yesterday he was saying, "Mom, what happens if I miss you?" Hmm. It wouldn't be that bad if they lived nearby, but they don't. I live out in the country; NOBODY lives nearby. It's a 30 minute drive. I'm just hoping I get the call by 9PM and not at midnight.

So yesterday we were going over what he was taking. He was distressed as he sleeps in his underwear and I suggested he think about wearing shorts to sleep in. I told him to play it by ear, but chances are the other boys wear pajamas. (None of mine do.) Then he said he was taking Piglet. He still sleeps with his Piglet, who we now call Pigman. (He even took Piglet into surgery with him a few years ago and when he awoke, the orthopedic surgeon had made a little cast for Piglet's arm too.) Son#1 in hearing that he intended to take Pigman said, "Wait! They might SEE it!"

I had to shush him and explain that to a 7 year old, there is still the naivete and that nobody was going to care that he had Pigman. I hope I'm right. I said something to the Mom and she assured me that her son still sleeps with something, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Pigman doesn't become an issue at school.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Did he make it? Inquiring minds want to know . . .

2:45 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

I forgot to answer this! He made it through the entire night!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home