Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Pork Chops!

I'm doing a meat this week... again. This time we'll go with the pig group. The other white meat. Of course, in my house, everything is chicken. Kids:"Hey Mom! This is great chicken, what kind is it?" Me:"Cow chicken". Lovely.

This recipe comes from The Great Omnipotent One and is one I make when I have a few hours I won't be home and we'll be pressed for time for dinner. (i.e. Pick up the kids from school, do an hour of homework, then run off to the soccer fields not to return until 7. ) The pork chops come out very tender.

I serve this with egg noodles or saffron rice and a big salad, although anything goes.

Pork Chops

As many pork chops as you need to feed. (I buy boneless)
Flour
Beef bouillon Cube
Water
Konriko All Purpose Greek Seasoning (No MSG)
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
Dried minced onion, optional

Heat olive oil in skillet. Dredge pork chops in flour. Sprinkle one side with Greek Seasoning and Salt and Pepper. Brown in a large skillet. (The skillet should be large enough to hold every pork chop.) Repeat with each pork chop browning the one side. While they are browning, sprinkle the other side with Greek Seasoning and Salt and Pepper.

Flip them over and brown the other side.

Fill the skillet with water up to just the top of the pork chops. Don't immerse them, the tops should be just about level with the water if not slightly above. Bring water to boil. When boiling, Add one or two bouillon cubes and stir until dissolved. If you want, sprinkle dried minced onion on top of pork chop.

Cover skillet with lid or foil. Turn temp down to low and let cook for 3-4 hours. (If you keep it on low and have it well covered, you should NOT run out of water. However, if it's your first time making it, check it every hour or so and make sure water levels do not drop significantly. If they do, just add water.)

The 'juice' can be turned into a gravy. We typically use as is, but if you're a great gravy maker... this is a good start.

I'm not skilled at making gravy but when I make it I use Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and flour or cornstarch, stirring over the stove, hot and bubbly, until the proper thickness. (Remember when stirring in flour or cornstarch to first stir it in cold water and then add the cold water flour/cornstarch mixture to the gravy. If you just put it in hot water, it will clump.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Ok - this is getting scary. I was going to post my recipe for Polish Pork Chops but stopped by here before I finalized it. LOL

So I went Italian instead.

This look wonderful. I can't wait to try them!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

"Cow chicken"

ROTFL! :-D

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammi, you still owe me that recipe, dear...

"West Virginia Polish Blonde Girl Pork Chops"

Jeff (Au fait)

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home