Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, October 15, 2004

Are You Ready to RRRRRRUMMMBLE?!

Oh I hate it when stuff like this happens! She's a great friend, but manomanoman, we just ain't seein' eye to eye this weekend.

Now I love the Irish and I always have and I have no clue why. I just do. But there are certain teams that always take precedence over any other team, including my SEC teams, and those are UMich and Navy. Sentimental favorites... and more so Navy as they are real college ball.

These boys know what it's all about folks, its.just.a.game. They didn't get picked by some big football team from the Big Ten, the SEC, or the ACC, whose recruiting tactics are questioned at times. These fine young men are getting an education to serve our country... and by the way, they play ball too.

Now typically when you play the fine men from the Naval Academy, West Point, or the Air Force Academy, and you're a BIG powerhouse team like ND, UF, FSU, UT, and the likes, you're probably going to win. The big boys from the big teams... that's all they wanna do is play ball and play it pro later.

But the men from these other three schools... it just ain't the case. Their priorities are far different and although I always root for the Midshipmen, when they have a winning season going like they have now... I root even harder. There's nothing quite like the purity of Service Academy Football team taking out a Big Conference football team.

I don't think about the AF Academy much and its not that I don't think much of them, but because THE BIG GAME in our home was always... Army Navy. Oh yes, my friends, I will be blogging big on that when the time comes. However, let me tell you what I hope for at the beginning of every season, that the season ends the following way:

Navy: 11-0
Army: 10-1, with their only loss to Navy.

So today I have to tell you, I'm all about the Midshipmen this weekend. Sorry, Tam. Gotta do it. They're my men. I love 'em for who they are, what they stand for, and what they're going to do for our country when they graduate.

Unfortunately, I just found out from one of my best friends who is an USNA graduate, '87, that we are not able to see the game this weekend. He looked it up. It's blacked out here in West Palm Beach. So I'll be getting a play by play from The Great Omnipotent One... if he's not blacked out too.

That said,
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"GO NAVY! BEAT THE DAMN IRISH!"

Navy Fight Song And in the event you want to sing along:

Stand Navy down the field, sails set to the sky.
We'll never change our course, so Army you steer shy-y-y-y.
Roll up the score, Navy, Anchors Aweigh.
Sail Navy down the field and sink the Army, sink the Army Grey.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain't blacked out here. What the hell game are they showing out there? Pinche' CBS.

Toluca Nole

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here in the other L.A. (Lower Alabama), it's on CBS at 1100 Central. Ahhh.... how sweet it is.
TGOO

6:06 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I can say this here, on your site. I think it's safe. Damn I should have registered anonymous.

I'm so torn. This is the one game every year that tears me up. And this year especially. BUT......I am not a flip flopin' kinda gal. I just wish I was there. I usually go up there this time of year and to be able to be at this game well....dang Bou, you know me - I'd probably be over on that side of the stadium saying thank you while I cheered as my Irish ran the field again.

:)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

By the way, thanks for the link to the Navy Fight Song. It may be the only chance I get to hear it this weekend.


hehehehehehehehe

7:25 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Tammi- I know. I'm just harassing. Nobody appreciates the folks in uniform more than you. Seriously.

However, on a lighter note, notice I included the words for you, so you could sing along when you hear that song over and over. I know it talks about Army, but that is their official fight song and it's the original lyrics. They're pretty easy to commit by memory. *grin*

7:32 PM  
Blogger That 1 Guy said...

I've always rooted for Navy (had two cousins that went to the Academy). The best game that I've ever seen was an Irish/Navy game. It came down to one big play, Navy coming from behind. Long pass for first down needed to be completed. Play happened right in front of us!!! The Irish db broke up the play, but it was a fight!

I'll tell you this... until I went to that game in Notre Dame, I never cared for them. Being in that stadium, you can't help but like them. The fans are INTENSE! The only thing I've seen like it is Aggie fans at College Station, TX!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

:-)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=242902426

:-)

**humming as she walks away**

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh.... bigger sigh..... man I wish Navy had won... ho-hum

But I have to say when it's Army-Navy, I'll have to be rooting for Army. It's a family thing you know :-)

-- Teresa

6:42 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Sob! I'm so sad they lost!

Teresa... you and I will have to do big posts for Army and Navy when the time comes! Tongue in cheek of course, but highlighting the fact it truly is THE ONLY real college ball game that counts.

T1G... Oh, I dated a Texas Aggie. Wow. Talk about Fans! It really is fun when they get into it like that.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And speaking of Aggies, the physical therapist I had after shoulder surgery informed me she was an Aggie. So naturally, with my usual temerity, I told her an Aggie joke. The therapy she gave me for the next six weeks was excruciating. Think the joke had anything to do with it?
TGOO

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home