Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

HB, SWG!

Yet another birthday is today. On this day, Eric of Straight White Guy celebrates his 32nd. Of course he feels like it’s his 42nd or 52nd after last night

I’m sure everyone is wishing him a big HB, but I’ve liked That 1 Guy’s best. Heh. I can’t compete.

Now, with the information in hand that I know I’m a Christmas Eve baby, I set out to try to figure out what Eric’s parents were celebrating 1 year and 9 months ago and this is my list:

Could it be they were celebrating Martin Luther King Day (1/15)? Hmm. I don’t think it was a holiday back then. (It was started in 1983.)

How about Adults Day in Japan (1/15). A very real possibility, given the name… although Eric doesn’t appear to be Japanese. Perhaps they just really love Japanese customs.

Then there is Arbor Day in Jordan (1/15), but I think not. Just doesn’t seem to fit.

And we have Martyr’s Day (1/16) in Benin, but I don’t think Eric is Beninese either. (Is that a word?)

Of course there is Revolution Day in Tunisia (1/18), and Revolutions always stir up much drinking and debauchery… a possibility… maybe they were celebrating with friends from Tunisia?

Ack! But of course there is Confederate Heroes Day (1/19) in Texas. Who could forget THAT holiday?

And then Ethiopian Epiphany in Ethiopia (1/19), but I don’t think he’s Catholic and I am really really banking on the fact he’s not Ethiopian.

And lastly there is Nameday of Archbishop Makarios of Cyprus (1/19). Yeah, I’m not thinking that one’s it either.

I’m banking on Adults Day in Japan or Revolution Day in Tunisia. All we ever really need is an excuse. *wink*

HB, SWG!

3 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

I'm betting on Confederate Heroes Day & him being 4 days premature :-)

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. thanks Bou.. I am honored...

..as for the coitus situation.. I like to imagine it just being a cold February morning.. and, my parents decided to hang out beneath those warm sheets... just a wee while longer..

8:27 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Eric you are humble like Harvey. The pleasure to wish you a happy birthday was all mine.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home