Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

'Food' Cravings

The hysterically funny Anita at Fighting Inertia was talking about this Se.x Survey, HERE.

OK, so this survey is kind of depressing if you ask me. Go over there and look. Bleh. Only 30% of women always get the big O and 74% of the men. Manomanoman, sounds like to me there are some serious communication problems going on in America. How depressing.

BUT, that is not what this post is about.

Anita asks this hilarious question:

“The poll says that 70% of men think of sex every day and that 43% think about it several times a day. Ok, guys, when exactly are you thinking about this? I mean, if you are in a business meeting, are you thinking about having sex with women in the meeting? Or when you are brushing your teeth in the morning, are you just wondering it maybe your wife or girlfriend is in mood? Or do you see a television ad with a sexy woman, and that sets you off thinking about it?

One of her commenters says, “When you're hungry do you think about a specific type of food or just food in general? I think the latter is kind of the way it is for men. We think about sex in general not so much specifics”

So I am wondering, is this true of all men? When men think of se.x, do they think like, “Hmm. I’m hungry. I would like to find something to eat.” Do all men feel this way or is this an individual thing? Because I’m a specific kind of person. I am more like, “I’m hungry, a grilled cheese sounds really good right about now.” Just sayin’…

I never thought of this as a male vs. female thing. I just assumed everyone was 'specific' when thinking about 'food'. Is it a Mars Venus thing or an individual thought process? Does this even make sense? Ack!

9 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

**settling down with notebook and pen**

OK - fire away guys. This I REALLY want to know! ;)

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me. It's a combination of both. Sometimes I think that I'd lkike to "get it on" with that chick (Who is of the ideal proportion's that just push my "slut button", but other times, I think that the individual in question might be someone that I could "bed for eternity", as they will exude something that say's "Marry this one".

Unfortunatley I've never met the "one" who was both. So I'm single, and lonely. But I can honestly say that my decisions wee made with "Open Eyes".

Johnny-Oh

Closet Extremist

9:59 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Ok, when I think about food, it's food in general. My thoughts kind of go like this: "Hey, I haven't eaten in quite awhile. I wonder what I've got around that I can eat." Sometimes there's a craving for something salty or greasy, but most of the time, it's just hungry.

So I only answered the latter questions. :)

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laughing Wolf, sticks his neck out to say:

For me, it is a half and half situation. Half the time, it is general and fantasy comes into play. For myself, it can indeed happen at about any time, from brushing my teeth to just general daydreaming. The other half of the time, I see a female that hits the right buttons for me (hair, legs, rump, etc.) and my inner wolf immediately begins thinking about hunting and eating my prey. What else do you expect from a wolf? And I don't do doggy, I do wolfy, and reports that I beg and roll-over are greatly exagerated.

Agree with you that the survey is depressing -- lack of communication and lack of consideration for the partner. I don't care the circumstances, I want to put my partner in orbit or beyond.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean, if you are in a business meeting, are you thinking about having sex with women in the meeting?Yes.

Or when you are brushing your teeth in the morning, are you just wondering it maybe your wife or girlfriend is in mood?Yes.

Or do you see a television ad with a sexy woman, and that sets you off thinking about it?Yes.

I seem to be fairly similar to Graum as far as this goes - if I see an attractive woman, it's not unusual for me to imagine what she'd be like in various modes of undress, in various positions, what her disposition would be like, and various other details that I won't get into here... all within a matter of seconds.

As far as general random thoughts go, I always have *some* person in mind... even if it's a general sex thought, I'll grab a girl and random out of the ole' memory banks to apply it to.

-S

5:45 PM  
Blogger Contagion said...

When I see a woman, that I find attractive in some sort of way, yes my mind instantly goes to I wonder what she would be like in the throws of torture, er sex. I can visually size them up, get an idea of what I think they would look the best in as I ripped it from their body, er I mean, they seductively remove for my pleasure. Then I can picture which position I would like to grab and throw them into, er I mean grab and throw them into.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

No women commented, but I really think this whole thing is individual. Some men think, "I'm hungry" in a general sense, while others are very specific to the point, "I really want a hamburger, medium well, with the works and a milk shake to go with it with redi-whip on top". :)

I don't think it's a Mars Venus thing... Not anymore.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TBFlowers:
I think about sex way too much for my own good. If there's not a pressing matter for me to attend to, or something important looming on the horizon, or I get bored, odds are my mind drifts to sex. Almost all of the time my subject is the Mrs. Sometimes an old flame will enter my mind instead.

I'm not stuck on an assembly line for 8 hours straight during the workday, so I have plenty of downtime with which to be destracted by my fantasies with my favorite partner of the opposite sex (the Mrs. again).

But there are times where I see a beautiful lady (in real life or pictured), and can't help but to check her out, admire her beauty, personality, the way she moves or whatever and wonder what it might be like to be with her. And since I won't let myself seriously entertain that though, I imagine the Mrs. in that outfit, or moving that way, or....

...excuse me, time to see the Mrs.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TBFlowers:
I think about sex way too much for my own good. If there's not a pressing matter for me to attend to, or something important looming on the horizon, or I get bored, odds are my mind drifts to sex. Almost all of the time my subject is the Mrs. Sometimes an old flame will enter my mind instead.

I'm not stuck on an assembly line for 8 hours straight during the workday, so I have plenty of downtime with which to be destracted by my fantasies with my favorite partner of the opposite sex (the Mrs. again).

But there are times where I see a beautiful lady (in real life or pictured), and can't help but to check her out, admire her beauty, personality, the way she moves or whatever and wonder what it might be like to be with her. And since I won't let myself seriously entertain that though, I imagine the Mrs. in that outfit, or moving that way, or....

...excuse me, time to see the Mrs.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home