Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

My Potentially New Blue Roof

We have a roof leak. I had to call my insurance company, who btw was great. I’m waiting for the next rain to see if it is an active leak or if it happened only during the hurricane and we just now noticed. If it’s an active leak, I have to call 1888 Roof-Blu (I kid you not) and get a tarp for my roof. Not happy. Not happy at all. I don’t want a blue tarp on my roof. One of the Mom’s at the party said laughingly, “Oh! But that is so ‘in’ right now.” Oh yea? Bite me. I don’t want to be 'in'.

So the sweet young thing insurance woman says to me, “You need to make sure you don’t have an insulation problem… as in wet insulation that will mold. Go in your attic where the leak is and take a rake and fluff up your insulation. Oh, and don’t forget to wear a mask.”

The probability of my going into my attic while wearing a protective mask and ‘fluffing’ up my insulation is exactly… zero.

And I don’t want a frickin’ blue tarp.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Ahh come on now. I'm thinking the boots with the mask carrying the rake.....pretty snazzy there lady! LOL

And if it makes you feel any better, one of my customers said when he was flying into Orlando last week he looked down and saw this sea of blue. Only to realize it wasn't water - it was the damn blue roofs!!!!!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of referring to this as 'FEMA' blue. I prefer to call it: 'Theme-a blue'. It has more of a decorating flair. And all Floridians know the color theme this season is blue...(boo-hoo)

12:43 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Just think how much money you'll make on ebay selling it after you are through with it. Not everyone has a blue tarp with the words FEMA printed all over it. GRIN.

3:29 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Gosh darn it, got distracted by children. Was going to add to the end of the previous post:

Ducking and Running for my life.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home