Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Keeping it Light

I only drink water. That is all. No juice, no alcohol, no coke, I truly only drink water. My kids are similar, although they will occasionally drink juice and they are kids, so a coke is not something they turn their noses at. Oh and they love sweet tea.

That said, whenever I'm out and about, I'll grab a bottle of water from whatever store I'm in to carry with me the rest of the day. I don't pay attention to brands, although I suppose I should.

I was just in the kitchen making a coffee cake for tomorrow morning's 'no power' breakfast, when my husband brought me an empty bottle marked for the recycle bin and said, "Did you see this?" The brand is 'Volvic'. Hmm. Made in France. He started to laugh. Now there is a picture of a volcano on the bottle, a dormant green lush volcano, so we are gathering that perhaps they really meant 'volcanic'?

However, that is not what it says. And although it is not spelled absolutely correctly for the female anatomy, it appears to be pronounced that way. We are laughing and he says, "What did they do? Squeeze the juice out of women's orgasms?" Blech. I will be paying more attention to the brand water I pick up and Volvic will not be on the list... Just the thought! Yuck!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, now I am getting sick of the Weather channel too as I watch them cheerfully describe horrible hirricanes of the past, etc. All I can keep thinking is how is the ground going to handle ANOTHER 10 inches of rain ?

Back to keeping it light re: water, it's all I drink too and I read somewhere that XYZ top actress drinks Fiji brand water only. She swears this brand is the secret to her weight loss success. No, I managed to NOT run right out and buy myself a case. ;)

Thinking of you - DLK

11:32 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Hey girl! Did you get my e-mail? It was just a how're ya doin' kind.

I know, our ground is like an oversaturated sponge. I just went outside to make sure our storm drains were clear of water and there's already water in them. Thank God the County makes us build our homes so high out here. We'd be swimmin' this time for sure. You know as you stand at the end of my cul de sac and look at that lake on the cross street in the back of those homes? With Frances, water was lapping at their doors. I hope they got flood insurance last week. They're gonna need it.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. i don't know if it's more funny or gross, but thanks for the heads up either way! i'll be sure to never buy vaginic water, or whatever it is. :)

sarahk

9:43 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Pick me up a case of that, would ya? ;-)

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home