Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Talk About a Bunch of...

Crap! Hurricane Jeanne is coming right back at us. Can you believe it? Right now, the THREE DAY FORECAST has that bitch hitting just north of me in the Fort Pierce/Vero Beach area. HELLO??!!! Those folks were the hardest hit by Frances!

GRRR.

I was tooling through my neighborhood in my van today thinking, 'love love love, bluebirds, rainbows, flowers, life is good', looking at the 80% of the homes that never bothered to take their hurricane shutters off and then thinking, "Get real people, you can't keep living in a tin can!" when I came home to find out we could get slammed by Jeanne.

Oh there are so many bonuses to this plan I don't even know where to start.

1) Thank God they picked up all the killer sticks from my yard 2 days ago. All potential projectiles.

2) This storm is moving at 4MPH, so they expect it to strengthen to 115 MPH, stronger than Frances.

3) My father in law, who I have not blogged much on, but who I need to blog on as a huge catharsis for myself, is now back in town which means if this bitch of a storm is coming this way, he has to stay with us.

I'd rather poke my eye out with a pencil than have to endure being cooped up in this house with my father in law. I can barely endure a 2 hour dinner, let alone an evening or two or three of his moaning and anxiety.

And before you judge me about how I speak about my father in law, think twice or I will completely unload on you. You don't know the situation and cannot possibly comprehend what its like to live with someone who is mentally ill, mean, crippled and has Parkinsons. Did I mention mean? Did I mention unappreciative? Did I mention mentally ill? 'nuff said.

4 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

Come stay with me. The boys will have a blast and can have a sleep over. No F-In-laws allowed. The only entry is bringing a generator. Grin!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

You can come up here. Room for all.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

I'm going to believe what you say about your father-in-law, because the bank has a regular customer JUST like him.

Literally, every word out of her mouth is a complaint about her miserable life, and she doesn't stop talking.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

LOL, John! Having a hard time picturing you as a Metrosexual kinda guy. heh heh heh. That was mainly aimed at some readers who I have that might think, "Wow. What a bitch. People should try to get along better with their in-laws... blah blah blah." I loved my Mom in law. Great lady. My father in law... the nice thing is he truly loves my boys.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home