Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

What Do I Wear When I Blog?

Blog sister Michele of Letters from NYC and Blog father Harvey from Bad Example, are hosting a Blogger Fashion Show. Essentially it's a 'what do you wear when you blog' carnival. I thought about pasting pix from various websites and trying to be funny, but everyone is pretty much funnier than I, so I thought I'd show you what I really wear and for the first time, out myself as to what I kinda sorta look like.

First, I wear pajamas when I sleep, but not typically around the house except breakfast. I can't sleep nekkid in the house because I have small children, let alone blog nekkid like John and Beth!

On Monday, Wednesday, or Friday nights, I wear what you see below, except usually there is not a gi top, but rather a jog bra and gi pants only. I blog after coming back from Karate, I eat a quick snack while blogging, and then I jump in the shower and hit the rack. (About the picture: kata, or 'form' as some martial arts groups call it, in competition last year. I no longer compete. I just wanted to see if I had what it took. I placed 2nd out of 8-10 women. I got beat by a senior student and good friend from my own dojo. I do not compete in sparring. And yes, I am able to pick apart both photos as to all I am doing wrong.)




On all other days I wear something similar to what you see below. (Picture taken while beach training last year.) I wear ball caps about once a week. Depends on whether I've worked out that day and/or if it's a bad hair day. I am a shorts/jeans and t-shirt kinda gal. No shoes. I wear glasses when blogging. I'm very casual although I do clean up OK when I have to.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So that's what I wear when blogging. No great secret. Nothing sexy and alluring, but I am sure a bit different as nobody else has said they wear a Karate-gi while blogging. Just plain old me! *grin*

5 Comments:

Blogger pamibe said...

Very cool pics! :)

I wear shorts and t-shirts 24/7. That's it. If it's an 'occasion' I'll substitute a button down shirt instead of a t. I live in south florida; who needs to dress? ;)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Stu said...

What color belt are you now? I take Tae Kwon Do.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Oh... so I'm the ONLY guy looking at the second picture and thinking "I'd love to wash the sand off her legs"?

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Harvey, you're the only one!

Bou, I'm impressed. Karate takes discipline, self-will, stamina and determination. You've got it all. I would usually tell my sparring partners to please not hit me so hard and they'd laugh and then hit me even harder to toughen me up.

I gave it up shortly after that. The bruises alone would take weeks to heal and people had begun to think I was a battered woman anyway. Yes, I was battered alright! Battered, bruised and beaten, so I gave it up.

Michele in NYC

3:11 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Stu, I am still a brown belt. I won't test for what we call Shodan (1st black). It's just not part of my journey. I'm content just training three days a week, absorbing what I can.

Michele, the bruising is terrible. I wear long sleeves a lot. I joke that sometimes it looks like I'm into some seriously heavy bondage as my wrists get so black. I've told them not to hit my face. In my husband's profession, I cannot afford to look like he hit me. I think the key to everything has been my dojo. My Sensei is really good about everyone keeping control. If I have issues with someone coming at me too hard, which I have had, I've seen him ensure it doesn't happen again. He feels that frequent injuries in a dojo does not reflect well upon a dojo and shows a lack of control in the students.

Harvey... yeah, I think you were the only one thinking that... however, I am VERY flattered! *Grin*

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home