Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Good Golly!

I just had to Post about this and not hold back until tonight. Has anyone else been keeping up with the New Orleans situation? There was some big honker study done on that city and how much it could take. Holy Cow. I'm glad I live in South Florida. Bring it On!

New Orleans sits 9 ft below sea level. They expect if a big butt Hurricane comes through, it could wipe out the entire city. I personally am happy I live somewhere that my Emergency Manager Person doesn't openly admit to having 10, 000 body bags in case a big one hits. I've read two or three different articles on this, and it's just scary stuff. They said a big one could cost the lives of 50,000 people. That is a whole heapin' lot of people!

Then they talk about the water flowing through the chemical districts, and buildings collapsing, and 20 feet worth of water and on and on. Bleh. Scary stuff.

FYI, Mobile sits 10 ft above sea level and they've done massive evacs. Positive thoughts up that way are appreciated and if you want to toss a few prayers in the way of my folks and Bug's folks, that would be mighty appreciated.


2 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Prayers for safe passage have been sent. Hope it works.

Likewise, I don't want to know that some beauracrat is sitting around with 10K body bags, "just in case"! This is gonna be one ugly little storm!

BTW, anyone else looking at the weather channels web site see the Biggie that's forming and behind Jeanne?! How long before they say, "oh, by the way..."? I'm going to start a pool. Who wants in?

4:11 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

New Orleans is one of my favorite citys to visit. I'm so very worried about everyone up there. This is gonna be ugly.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home