Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Quote of the Day from the House of Boudicca

“Those costumes they wear to school are stupid.” From Son#3 referring to his Kindergarten school uniform that consists of blue or khaki shorts and a white, yellow or blue collared shirt with a small school logo on the upper left side.

Now, just to elaborate why this is even funnier… this is coming from a child who LOVES to dress up. Last year he wore his incredible Hulk costume to school once a week. At Thanksgiving, they all made these Indian costumes out of men's large brown T-shirts. They drew all sorts of pictures on them, they each had a name, and they cut fringe around the bottom. Son#3 was ‘Giant Snake”. After the Thanksgiving party, he wore that costume once a week. He wore that damn Giant Snake Thanksgiving costume to his Valentine's Day party. So we have Hulk once a week and Giant Snake once a week… that left three days where he wore normal clothes. And his school "costume" is stupid? Helllllloooo?

2 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

Anything you HAVE to wear is pretty much stupid by definition :-)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Well, it's not the same reason to want to wear it! They like to play with my silk nightgowns because of the feel and they smell like me. It's a comfort thing. Kind of funny. Something I won't bring up when they bring their first girlfriends home to meet me!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home