Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Nothing is Sweeter than a New Baby

There is news across the blogosphere that Blackfive's wife had their baby and they named her Grace.

In Blackfive's comments there was discussion of nicknames and it carried over to Harvey's this morning. That got me to thinking. When Son#1 was born, we had so many nicknames for him during his first year, that when he finally turned 1 years old, we realized we REALLY needed to start calling him by his given name or he would never know it.

Here is short list of what I remember (this was 9 years ago, so cut me some slack): Chubba, Chubba Bubba, Shmoopy, Smoochy, HEED! (from I married an Axe Murderer... the kid had a big head), Pangea (the top of his head kind of resembled Pangea, nickname courtesy of his beloved Uncle, my brother), Baby G, Squish, and Brown Bear. (He got the beautiful Italian skin from his Dad.)

Babies are so sweet. So Congrats to Blackfive and Mrs. Blackfive on the birth of their 2nd child, Grace. Now the work really starts. One child is just practice!

5 Comments:

Blogger littlejoe said...

While I don't have any children (that I know of), I have nicknamed Contagion's boy Mooselope. He's built like a moose, but boy can he move when he wants to.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Contagion said...

Yea, and others have taking to calling him that. Of late I refer to him as Munch-man. Partly because he's short (Politically incorrect munchkin reference) and partly because everything goes into his mouth.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

OMG! Munch-man was another one! My eldest eats and has always eaten, all the time. When I was nursing, TGOO used to joke and say nobody ever saw anything but the back of my baby's head. Munchman stuck for a long time.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Glad I could help! :)

LJ, you're reminding me that I need to post one day on the 'Street Master'. Gotta put that on my list of gotta dos.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Dammit. That last comment was meant for a different post. Stupid blogger!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home