Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Hopefully a Man Without a Country

Ahhh… Who woulda thunk it. Bobby Fischer could be a stateless man. Remember my Post, Don’t Waste My Damn Money? Well, I saw over at Castle of Argghhh! that Mr. Fischer wants to renounce his American citizenship. Filing for Refugee Status with Japan, it was rejected last week. Next stop… the United Nations. And of course he has many complaints of his treatment.

Big dumb dork. Listen to that? What do you hear? Silence. That is silence and the complete lack of crying we are doing for you, Bobby Fischer you jerkface who does NOT deserve an American citizenship. He was fortunate enough to be frickin’ born in this country and has turned his back on the land of milk and honey. Screw him.

So to Mr. Fischer I say: There are millions of people in this world who wish they had had the privilege of being born in this country, free of tyranny, free to pray where they want and to whom they want, free to dress as they want, and free to speak as they want. Yet you were born with this… you were born with this blessing and it worked in your favor as you became a very rich man playing a damn game. You turn your back on us. I say, “A pox on you, Bobby Fischer, you low life anti-American, anti-semite. May you rot.”

4 Comments:

Blogger littlejoe said...

One minor correction D. You can only pray where you want, if you follow any un-judeo-christian religion. If you do follow a judeo-christian religion, it is unseemly for you to pray, as you might accidentally offend someone. We wouldn't want that now would we?

12:12 AM  
Blogger Journey said...

Hmmmm, maybe the French will take the self-centered and ungrateful bastard off our hands. Then He can complain about the French.

He's the type of guy that just complains about everything. 'The US is treating me badly because I went to Yugoslavia, so what that it was against the law. Don't they know who I am... I'm the great Bobby Fischer..."

I say we gave you your opportunitties, I say we take them away!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon me, but what is all the fuss about? You seem surprised by all of this but you fail to remember that this man PLAYED CHESS. Therefore, at every non-geek school and country he would be a social outcast anyway - I say we stone him like they did to that man in Life of Brian ("He said Jehovah!") and be done with it.

Alex (who is finally back and able to read without sleeping)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Oh I forgot about that, LJ. You are right. :)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home