Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Random Fate

I added Jack of Random Fate to my Blogroll. I was over at John of Argghhh!'s and John personally nudged me over to Jack's by calling it Politics without Rancor. I'm kind of over the whole rancor bit. I 'm over the We are Right and Everyone Else is Evil attitude, on both sides, thank you very much. I'm over the Democrats. I'm over the Republicans. But I hate Kerry more. So my vote goes in Bush's box. I know, I know, you've heard it from me before.

So I traipse over to Jack's and find a man who feels very similarly to me in the fact that neither party is really meeting my needs.


We may well be witnessing the last major party conventions – but not for the reasons most pundits are talking about. For if neither of the two major parties wake up to the fact that people are sick of politics as usual, it will be the parties and not just the conventions that will be headed for the ash heap of history.

I know there are many of us who feel this way. Many of us have e-mailed about it and I know my friends and I have spoken of it. He currently works in France (he is American), so he has this prospective taken from Beth's HERE:

I can add a wee bit here since I now live in France. Although some here have told me they do not like *some* of the policies of the US, in the very next breath the tell me how wonderful the think America is and how they admire what it stands for. Others don't even mention policies or disagreement and instead tell me how much they like America and how nice they find people from America.

So where do all the stories of how "the French hate us" come from? The people I talk to live in Grenoble, not Paris, and it seems that just as the feelings in the MidWest of the US are different than the feelings in New York, feelings in Paris do not necessarily reflect the entire nation.

This is just one man's perspective, but I like a lot of perspectives, not just what the media feeds us... like how the whole world hates us. We are evil. I've seen him commenting on John and Beth's before. I like what he says. He's now on my Blogroll.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bou said...

Any bad guy from Al Queda or Fundamentalist Muslim Extremists get no slack from me. Nor forgiveness.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home