Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Carnival of the Recipes: Mushroom Pork Tenderloin

Beth at SWWBO is having a Carnival of the Recipes. I’ve been telling my Mom that I was going to do a recipe blog once a week, but I’ve never gotten round to it. Now Beth has provided me the motivation. And Harvey, if you eat pork, this is easy. Even YOU could make it. So here is this week’s entry:

Mushroom Pork Tenderloin.

Ingredients:
¼ Cup of Mayo
1(1 oz) packet of onion soup mix
3 cloves of fresh garlic
1 ½ lb pork tenderloin (may be two pieces)
1 (8 oz) pkg of portabella mushrooms, rinsed and sliced (I slice them ½” thick)
1 Tblsn quick setting flour (Wondra)
½ C milk (I use skim)

Steps
Combine in large bowl, mayo and dry soup mix. Crush garlic, using garlic press, into bowl. Mix well. Slice tenderloin diagonally into ½ inch slices.

Preheat large sauté pan on medium high 2-3 minutes (I use a skillet). Stir pork slices and sliced mushrooms into soup mixture. Wash hands. Place tenderloin, using tongs, in pan; add remaining soup mixture (I never have much at all). Cook 4-6 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned.

Stir in flour and cook 1-2 more minutes. Stir in milk; reduce heat to low. Cook 4-6 minutes until sauce thickens and internal temp of pork slices reaches 150deg F.

I have served with egg noodles or yellow saffron rice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Yummy. I'm so excited about this carnival. I was just reading Teresa's chicken delight, Dana has a wonderful mexican cassarole, oh my. I'm going to start just inviting people I see at the grocery store and gas station so I can make some of these.

Pork is one of my favorites, and this sounds wonderful!! I can hardley wait to get home tomorrow night and scroll thru all those wonderful dishes!!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home