Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

When Role Models Succeed

I don’t know about y’all, but when I read someone’s blog, I get a feeling about what kind of person I think they are and over time, that ‘vision’ is continually molded as more details are added. I’ve been reading Harvey at Bad Example since May, I think. If you read his blog you get a feeling for is wit. You know he loves his wife tremedously. He has great affection and love for Blogless brother Tom. The more I read, the more I know, but seriously, over time I just felt like I ‘knew’ him, nothing could really change or alter my perception. Then he went and posted today’s Post on his Dad and it didn’t change how I felt about him, it wasn’t a rude awakening, but it rather enhanced what type of person I think he is. I'm not sure how to describe it. I hesitate to call it a 'respect' because I already respected him, but I guess that word must do.

Through his moving Post, The Footsteps I Follow, about his Dad, I feel like I have an idea more of how Harvey is with his wife, how he is capable of such devotion. This deep love and respect he has for ‘Beloved Wife’ came even more sharply into focus.

We mothers of boys often say amongst ourselves that the best way to teach a boy how to treat a woman when he becomes a man, is through his watching how his father treats his mother. Harvey’s post today exemplifies that. Read it if you have not. It’s wonderful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

I had the same reaction. I respected him before, but it went to a whole other level with that post.

The first thing that attracted me to his site were his daily love notes. I had started to believe that love like that didn't exist anymore. That it had died out over the years. Now I know that's not true.

He's a hell of a guy, our Blogdad. Isn't he?!?! :)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

That's the same thing that attracted me, his love notes. That and he quoted Robert Service once. I thought that was cool. The perviness everyone,including him, adds to the love notes just make them entertaining, but I still go for the morning love note.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

I'm just going to blush and sneak away now :-)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home