Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Linky Stuff

Today I was over at Castle Argghhh! and John had just a superb post on leadership.  Click HERE and you will see the question and his reply.  Now you may be saying to yourself, "Bou, what is so great about HIS opinion on leadership?"  Well, I'll tell you, it's because John is extraordinarily well read, well traveled, and has served in leadership capacities enough to know.  HOWEVER, that said, what the real icing was for me, was when he added in his two cents on how we can serve without being in the military.  He talks about donating time and talents to various organizations.   A most excellent post. 

And more on the Donovans... I skipped over to She Who Will Be Obeyed, and Beth was posting on how torturous it was to be sitting in the airport, being forced to watch the Democratic Convention.  (Side note from the author:  I do not watch any conventions, Dem or Rep.  I don't do the pep rally thing.) Click on her comments and you will see we were all laughing in her comments when someone posted that they felt it was Bush's fault the world hates us, yada yada yada.  Hmm.  So I log off and I'm doing the housewife thing, folding laundry, making my bed, all while on a low simmer.  I know Beth and John are blogging on vacation, they have their laptops, but I just felt this urge to log back on and set him straight that 1) Europeans have always hated us unless we were saving their asses, which I hope we never do again, Britain excluded because I love the Brits, and 2) has he never read Beth or her ever lovin' husband, John, to not know their very well thought out and well written opinions on such?  He says he did, but it evidently did not sink in.  What held me back was I thought it was would be rude for me to do so, since it is not my blog.  The other thing that held me back was knowing full well, that nobody can talk about this better than John and/or Beth and anything I had to say was going to sound childish compared to how they would defend it.  However, I did log back on a couple hours later, still stewing, and found that both Beth and John had answered and as I suspected, it was superb in every way. Big claps and whistles for them... they're just awesome.  Good read.  Take a gander.


3 Comments:

Blogger Harvey said...

I liked John's post - reading the definition makes me think I'm a "blogging leader", since I have very strong opinions on how blogging can be done well, and I try to get people to try those things out.

I felt so pretentious typing that, but it's true. :-/

10:05 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

It is true. Look at the people you have influenced in blogging. And we all take your advice. Everytime you post something, we take heed in what you say.

I'm kinda surprised that guy came back to Beth's blog and posted even more. I don't know if this guy is a regular reader or not, but I find it rather offensive, spouting off like that. If John and Beth came across as stupid poorly thought out people, I could see where he might think he could sway them on THEIR blog (which I find offensive in general anyway.) But, John and Beth are so far from stupid and misinformed, it boggles my mind. Whatever.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, gawrsh, fellas!


John of Argghhh!

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home