Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

It's Raining Shrimp!

In Pensacola, which is located in the panhandle of Florida and sits right on the Gulf of Mexico, it sometimes rains brine shrimp. They're the itty bitty shrimp, not big ol' cocktail shrimp. They get all over the place and you're constantly having to sweep them away. In July when we were up there, my boys were putting these dead brine shrimp in baggies with the intention of taking them home with us. Blech.

I looked at the three of them and said, "You are not taking these home. Do you understand? I do not want dead shrimp in my car. I want dead NOTHING in my car. Am I making myself clear?"

Them, "yes."

Me, "No, I'm serious as a heart attack. I don't want those shrimp in my car. Don't be hidin' them in your suitcases. If I find these shrimp when I get home, I'm gonna be pissed!"

Them, "OK, Ok. We understand!"

Flash forward to today. I'm cleaning out a box of junk from the infamous toy room with Son#1, when I run across a baggy of brine shrimp.

Me, "What are these doin' here? I thought I told you boys you weren't to be bringin' these home with you!"

Son#1, "We didn't, Mom. Those are from LAST year."

I couldn't quit laughing. No wonder they couldn't figure out what the big fuss was about. Hell, they'd packed them home last year and probably the year before that too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Contagion said...

hehehe, That reminds me of a Story the my mother likes to tell. one warm may day while I was at school my mother decided to clean out my room. She opened my closet door and thought she smelled something, so she searched around and found a styrofoam container. She opened it up and found some bacon and dead earthworms. When I got home from school she asked me what that was from. I explained it was the left over bait from a fishing trip the previous Labor day, (September 8 months earlier). I was fishing for cat fish and snapping turtles. Apparently my mother found the smell rather distastefull. hehehehe

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home