Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, July 30, 2004

Simple Joys of Life

Ahhh…. I got my book today, “The Book of Five Rings” composed by Samurai Miyamoto Musashi. I did research to find out the best translation/interpretation and I got the translation by Thomas Cleary, Shambhala Library. The original text was written in 1643, so evidently there are many translations.

From the back of the book:
“Rhythm is something that exists in everything, but the rhythms of martial arts in particular are difficult to master without practices.
Rhythm is manifested in the world in such things as dance and music, pipes and strings. They are all harmonious rhythms.
In the field of martial arts, there are rhythms and harmonics in archery, gunnery, and even horsemanship. In all arts and sciences, rhythm is not to be ignored.
There is even rhythm to being empty…
The way to win a battle according to military science is to know the rhythms of the specific opponents, and use rhytms that your opponents do not expect, producing formless rhythms from rhythms of wisdom.”

There is even rhythm in being empty… that hopped out at me.

My new back porch, fans going, the sound of the outside and my new book. I am a very happy girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home