Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

For Those With a Sense of Wonder...

From The Great Omnipotent One I received THIS.

 “...For those with a sense of wonder...Please turn on sound, hold onto your hat, and prepare for an awesome experience...”

This is presentation from the Hubble Telescope.  I am also proud to say that TGOO’s cousin worked on the Hubble. She was a mathematician like me, but became an electrical engineer.  Sharp analytical woman.  They breed ‘em over on TGOO’s side.  Anyone who wants to ‘dis the south and southern women… come talk to me. I’ll give you a long damn list of smart scientific southern women. 

Also, from Son#2, age 7,  before he even saw this video, “You know what happens when a star explodes?  All sorts of blue and green goo comes out.”  Hmm. Gotta work on that science a bit.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty nice presentation.

[astronerd mode]
BTW - the 7 y/o isn't that far off...
When a star does "explode" it releases various gases, which are often illuminated in various colors by nearby stars.
[/astronerd mode]

8:36 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

It was the goo thing that had me laughing. It's the same way he describes volcanoes.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually kinda surprised a 7 year old is already learning about that kind of stuff.
That's pretty cool.

S

11:52 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Son#2... I am amazed at his very scientific and computational mind sometimes. He is very inquisitive and is constantly working with numbers in his head. Kind of scares me. And it isn't me saying, "Hey! Look at my kid!" other people notice.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe... a mad scientist or supervillain in the works ;)

-S

7:08 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Careful... I hear Evil Glenn is looking for a sidekick :-)

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home