Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

No Caffeine in MY Coffee Today, Thank You.

There is nothing much scarier than receiving a phone call in the wee hours of the morning. We got one at 2:48 AM. Funny too how you also remember the exact minute it happens when it’s during your sleeping hours. We have received many legitimate calls that early in the morning. The most recent was when my Better Half’s father was nearly killed by his rehab center a couple months ago… but that’s a whole other post on how to keep your family and friends safe from incompetence in rehab centers.

So last night we get this call. We are both jarred awake. It’s frightening. I have a sibling in LA, one in Atlanta, my folks are in Pensacola, Better Half’s family is in Jersey or Lauderdale… you just never know. It ends up being an irrelevant call, but that doesn’t stop the fact we were both wide awake. I was awake for two 1/2 hours. Needless to say I’m dragging today.

To make things just a bit more interesting, I drag myself out of bed as I meet a friend every Saturday morning at 7:30 in the gym, and as I get in the car, I notice that there is this strange rash all over my legs. Not itchy. Not red. Just kind of swollen looking and obvious. I had it yesterday on my arms and thought I was having some reaction to chlorine. Add to the fact I had a big health scare in January that started with skin and now here I am no longer half asleep as I’ve just been jolted yet again with adrenaline, driving to the gym, wondering what the hell is going on. It is going away all ready and if it’s not gone by Monday I’ll have to see someone, but geez, talk about near adrenaline overdose. Twice in 5 hours. Needless today I was a lethargic limp noodle in the weight room as I came off the high.

And you’ll be happy to know that via Google I have ruled out Hives, Cellulitis and most importantly, Leprosy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Hope it turns out to be just a rash from excess laughter. Yeah, that would work. Darn it Bou - you're just too darn happy! :-)

Seriously, fingers crossed!!!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home