Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Home Home on the Range...

I'm back from Atlanta.  Nine hour trip with three kids. They did well.  They really did.  Lowlight was when I insisted on stopping at Krystals because they had never been to one.  (They thought cornpups were overrated.)  Highlight was the fact nobody beat the snot out of each other in the back of my van.  I hate stopping for ER visits.  At this point in my life, my expectations are relatively low.  Any day where there is no bloodletting, trips to the ER, or calls from the school nurse, is a good  day.
 
The first thing I did when I arrived home was call my cable company to change my ISP.  I swore I would never go cable since I consider my cable provider the Enron of cable companies.  Amazing what you'll do for a speed addiction.  Gotta... have... it... now!  I bonded with the salesman, a nice guy from Tennessee, and Presto, I'm set for next week. I think.  He was nice though, did I mention that?  They're having a special right now, free installation.  He said he pretty much only talks to unhappy Bellsouth people nowadays.  Imagine that.  Special thanks to Harv and Johnny Oh in their very gentle nudge. 
 
Wow, so much has happened while I was gone!  Pam has this great fountain she is getting movtivated to work on and she talks about John and Beth's.  Read the comments at Pam's.  John talks about the chipmunks in his fountain and it was so horrible, but I found myself laughing.  It was a gasp/horrified laugh.    (We don't have chipmunks down here... too many gators I guess.)  These motivated people!  I am feeling bad... very very bad!!! 
 
My blogbro, That 1 Guy, has made me think twice on working out in the gym on equipment with cables.  Damn.  And to think I was just worried about killing myself in the free weight section.  Well, really I was more worried about making a fool out of myself in the free weight section.   My sister and I call that portion of the gym, "Man Land".  If I maim myself on a cable machine, I'm never going back!
 
My blogfather Grau is not really dead, but I hear he's Allyson Hannigan's sex toy... Oh wait... that's what he wants us to think!  (I'm kinda lost on that reference, BTW. I have no clue who Allyson Hannigan is, but if it makes him happy, it makes me happy!)
 
And now I understand my blogfather Harvey's perviness... it's the facial hair.  He links over to my blog bro in law, Alex in Wonderland, whose blog address changed and I will update on my blogroll tomorrow, who did an experiment with his wife, blog sis Sally, on whether facial hair increases perviness.  So to that I say, Harvey is not allowed to shave! Ever!  (If you link over to Sally, read the part about what her daughter's teachers say about her daughter and I think we may have a kindred spirit to Son #3.)
 
GRR.  It is now 10:30 and Son #3 is still awake and I have not been around my better half in 10 days with my excursion to DC followed by Atlanta.  I am not a happy camper.  I should have anticipated since nine hours in a car doesn't exactly burn off energy for  a child. It is still aggrivating.  Frustrating comes to mind...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many times during the trip did they say "Are we there yet?" even when it is PATENTLY obvious you only left the house/car/plane 5 minutes previously?

Alex

4:20 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

Oh My God. Way too many times. I would say 12 (every five minutes per hour) x9hours, BUT son#3 actually fell asleep for a couple hours and he is the biggest culprit, so that brings us to 12x7, which is 84 times. For some reason that does not seem high.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home