Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Out of the Loop and Going Insane!

With this horribly slow wireless blogging, I can't get on the blogs I frequent. I visit my blogfathers every day. I try to visit my blog siblings every day, but definitely hit every other day. Every blog I have listed on my site, I visit frequently. But I can't with this system, so I feel like I'm completely out of the loop. It is making me nuts! On Friday, when I'm finally home, I'm making a big cup of tea and holing myself up in my room, turning on my computer and just reading and catching up!

I can't even comment on my own daggum blog! However, I am receiving them, so quickly, thank you to Harvey and Johnny Oh in their comments about my DSL and I am taking it to heart and doing something about it. I'm a woman of action, but with three boys, it may take a week to make it come to fruition.

Also, Sally, if you are reading this, I am half way through Beach Music. Sally and I both love Pat Conroy. There was discussion from Alex on his blog, Alex in Wonderland, about their different tastes in reading. Sally was saying she prefers books that take her to places, living other people's lives and I am the same. Pat Conroy has a way of weaving laughter throughout a story as people try to deal with their lives. I think John Irving, another favorite author of mine, is the same way. It's something I hope to master by the end of my life, laughing at the absurdity of it all, as I deal with all that life hands me, good and bad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I'm reading you! Hilarious dialogue between the brothers in "Beach Music", especially the scene on the bridge. The last book Alex and I read together was a kids book by Garth Nix. I don't know what that tells me though ;)

Sally

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Pat Conroy and got Beach Music as soon as it came out... then passed it around to all my friends.

It's one of those books you press into someone's hands and say "you.must.read.this"! :D

pamibe

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home