Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Happy Birthday to Boudicca's Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday. It's one of the reasons we all come in town for Independence Day. The 4th and a good old fashioned family reunion are just damn good excuses to come in and celebrate our Mom's birthday.

The Great Omnipotent One was in the Navy, so my Mom did most of the raising, especially early in his career, since TGOO was typically on deployment. I never knew how hard it had to have been for her until I had kids of my own. I love my kids, but they make me nuts. It's nice knowing my husband is home at 6:00 and baths them and puts them to bed, while I try to get away and collect my sanity. Mom didn't have that. When we would go to the Commissary, the brown paper bags used to read, "Navy Wife... Toughest Job In The Navy". Looking back, I'm not so sure there wasn't an enormous ring of truth to that.

So Happy Birthday to my Mom! She's the best!

3 Comments:

Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Happy Birthday Boudicca's Mom!!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

I was single when I was in the Navy, but my lifer brother wasn't. At least not at first. His marriage didn't survive the strain of absence.

A hearty round of applause to your mom for making it through. Loving a sailor is hard to do.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fantastic birthday!!! Thank you for the wishes.

By the way Harv, its the difficult stuff (Navy life)that makes us stronger. At the time I had youth on my side. Now with the high voltage grandkids I'm always ready nap....god does that make me sound old. Good news is I'm around still to take naps (-:

Thanks Boudicca for your warm words.
L~

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home