Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Glad to know it’s been ‘scientifically’ proven as to why I’m a ‘home maker’

Up front things you should know about me before I start this blog. I am a Mathematician by degree and practiced it in the engineering field for 12 years. I think it would not be a stretch to say I am a scientist… mathematician… scientist… yeah, same general field. That being said, my husband is a scientist, my Dad is a scientist, my father in law is a scientist, my Mother in law was a scientist and my Mom… OK, she’s a social scientist, but still one in my mind. So do we see a trend here? I hope this leaves not a shadow of a doubt that I firmly believe in the THEORY of Evolution. Not Creationism. If you are a believer of Creationism, you should skip this Post.

Check this out, The Fellowship Baptist Creation Science Fair.. I cannot figure out which one cracks me up the most. Start with the opening paragraph, “Our children are the future face of Science and we must teach them to recognize the truth of the Word of the Lord so as to break the cycle of Evolutionism dogma that is paralyzing scientific development and making higher education a dumping ground for the excesses of materialistic philosophies.” WHA????

Let us move on to the entries. Feel free to pick your favorite, but in the elementary category, I must admit they were correct in awarding 1st place to “My Uncle Is A Man Named Steve (Not A Monkey)". Moving on to Middle School, unfortunately I actually think I may know people with the same thinking process as dear Patricia, but I do believe that Jonathon’s “"Women Were Designed For Homemaking" should have been first. As my sister said, “Hilarious… yet disturbing!” And the comment from my Dad (my real Dad, not my blog fathers) was “Yeah, Boudicca was a helluva homemaker. Let's see now, she led an army of 70,000 and sacked London. Wonder if she could bake cookies.” Perhaps it is time for me to blog on Boudicca so those of you not familiar with her will understand who she was and why I picked her…

I’ll skip the High School entries and let you see for yourself. I don’t know about you, but I did an awful lot of praying in Chem Lab. Praying for the cute lab partner, praying I wouldn’t blow up the lab, praying I wouldn’t break any more crucibles because my Lab teacher was getting pissed, praying the purple dye would come off my hands because I had a date that night… And maybe it was my Prayer that saw me through with good grades and not all my damn hard work and studying…

So there you have it. Potential Scientists of America… let me know when it’s time to immigrate.

Hat tip to my real brother, “Toluca Nole”, who is my fake Hungarian and only knows how to say, “Where’s the toilet?” (Yeah, That1Guy, you were right on the translation!) I don’t know where he finds half the weird stuff he sends me…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm more familiar with the sacking of Colchester(as I live near it) I didn't know she went on to London though. I was fascinated by her at the age of five so it's great to hear her name again.

Sally (Also of Celtic heritage)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Contagion said...

Okay, I'm glad I waited until I was home to read that. the gut busting laughter would have definantly got me busted for net sirfing.

I don't know what kind of psuedo science they are teaching, but you know what... I'm not a monkey either. And I don't know what that has to do with science. My god, I never thought I could laugh myself into a migraine before.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

First, someone over at Grau's Blog found this site to be a real site, but it is a spoof. Either way, I think whoever created this site is frickin' hysterical. And it's scary because I grew up in the Bible belt and I think I know people that think this way! Especially the "This is my Uncle Steve and he's not a monkey" bit. I have heard things like this on more than one occasion.

Sally, well, she did and did not sack London. Suetonius may have sacrificed London, which was more of a colony, as part of his battle plan. Boudicca and her Army took no prisoners. They slaughtered everyone. Man, woman, child. They then destroyed the cities. I haven't found a number yet as to exactly how many she and her Army killed on their way, before she more than likely took her own life.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Boudicca was a homemaker... except that she made homes into rubble.

Which, in my bachelor days, was - based on the general condition of my apartment - my idea of homemaking, too :-)

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home