Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Enchiladas Suisse- Carnival Entry

And just to show you how much I support my one and only Blog Daughter, here is MY entry. One is the regular recipe and the other is how I have modified it to make it more low fat.

You may substitute Monterey Jack for Swiss. Also, if you have kids, you may want to leave out the green chilies. I love it with them in, but it does add a kick that my kids do not enjoy. Also I do cut this recipe in half since it serves 8-10.

Enchiladas Suisse
1 onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 cups of tomato puree
1 4 oz can chopped green chilies, drained
2-3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
Salt to taste
3 cups of whipping cream (My modification uses skim milk)
6 chicken bouillon cubes
8-10 6-inch flour or corn tortillas (I only use flour)
¾ lb swiss cheese grated

Saute onion in oil until soft. Add garlic, tomato puree, chilies and chicken. Season with salt and simmer 10 minutes.

Heat 3 cups of cream and dissolve bouillon cubes in cream.

Fry tortillas in a small amount of oil until soft; not crisp. Dip each tortilla in cream mixture; fill each with about ¼ cup chicken mixture. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in a 13x9x2 inch pan. Pour remaining cream mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Makes 8-10 servings.

For less fat method: I don’t bother to fry the tortillas. I nuke them like I do for fajitas, just enough to get them soft and then proceed using skim milk instead of cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home