Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Those Tricky 'M' Words will Get you Every Time

The boys had soccer this evening. Bones (Son#3) has his at 5:30 and the older two at 6:30. My husband took my oldest to grab something to eat, my middle son is under the weather so he stayed with me at Bones's practice as he wasn’t going to his own.

Water break time, and Bones runs up to me and says, “Mom! I know the name of our team! It’s The Maggots.”

Me: The Maggots? Are you sure?
Bones: Yup.
Me: REeeeeaaally. The Maggots.
Bones: Yup, The Maggots.

Off he bounds to the field, hippety skippety, not a care in the world. I look at my 8 year old and he raises and eyebrow and says, “The Maggots?” to which I reply, “Heh. Evidently.”

Son#2: Mom… do you REALLY think it’s the Maggots?

Me: No, I don’t. It’s going to be interesting to see what it really is, isn’t it?

Son#2 proceeds to do little ‘Go Maggot’ cheers while sitting next to me.

I’m looking at Bones’ soccer coach, and she’s this tall athletic cuter ‘nallgetout blonde… she reminds me a lot of Teresa of Technicalities. I can tell that all the Dads are going to REALLY REALLY WANT to go to these games. She’s really cheerful and great with the kids. She’s divided them into two teams, giving every kid some Disney character name… which is fitting… because…

When I got the flyer at the end of practice, it said the name of the team was The 'insert city here' MAGIC. Yup. Magic.

Magic, maggots, maggots, magic... I guess I get it. Magic to one person is nothing but Maggots to another. I think he’d be happier to be the Maggots.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just figured the coach was an ex-DI, and he said something like, "OK, you maggots, gather around!"
TGOO

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - why thank you... although I'm not feeling very athletic tonight because I have a cold. *sigh* *grin*

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disney, eh?

Sure they're not the "Mangy Mice"? :-)

9:41 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Wishful boy thinking... I'm sure he would prefer Maggots.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Well, now you know what the other team will be yelling at your kid :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

blogger sucks. hurry up and fix your new site :)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Dash said...

That's hilarious! Go Maggots Go!!!

Better than the Nads, I guess.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home