Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Girly Post...

Really, you men don’t know how good you've got it in some aspects… OK, not some. Just one.

I just do not see how it is feasibly possible that someone can literally gain 4 lbs in 2 days and then 3 days later it’s gone. I know, I know, it’s that whole water retention thing, but every time it happens I’m stunned by how icky it is. Seriously, you big men are thinking “yeah, yeah, yeah, what’s 4 lbs, who cares. I can gain 4 lbs in my right big toe.”

Yeah, well, to us short woman, 4 lbs is a lot. It’s just… blechy. It’s been going on for 25 years and STILL, I STILL TO THIS DAY, am completely horrified when I step on the scale one morning and it’s up 4 lbs from two days before. I shriek to myself, “Ack! What have I been eating?!!!” and then normalcy comes about and I start doing mental date calculations and I think, “Oh. Water. Blech.”

And let me tell you… it kinda sorta sucks to work around men during those 2 days. You know… THOSE two days. I’m not one to carry a purse around and now that my Mom got me this really big blue flowered and fun purse, if I pick it up to go to the restroom, it’s kinda obvious what is going on. Blech. And I tend to wear short sleeves, so it’s not like I can hide the article in need up my sleeve. What a pain.

I forgot about that little inconvenience of working.

And can you believe that on MSN search, I’m listed as one of the top searches for… tampon m-ishap. (I put the – so I don’t end up #1.) Crap. I know it was because of THIS post, but it’s not like I post on girly stuff very often and it sure as heck wasn't a 'mis-hap'. This is only the 2nd time in 9 months of posting that I posted a true icky girly post. Geez.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

No scales, no scales, no scales!! It's bad enough we look at ourselves, we know by the way our clothes fit. NO SCALES!!!!

I measure weight by the way my favorite buttonfly jeans fit and only that way.

As to the other......slip it in the waistband of your slacks. It'll fit sideways for the walk.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tammi and Jon are right... dump the scale!!! I have one in my bathroom, but I never even touch the stupid thing - I get too obsessive.

As for hitting the restroom... if you always take your purse with you - no one will think twice. Or even if you don't - you're likely only noticing it because you are doing something different. 99% of the others just aren't that observant. *grin*

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been saying it for years Bou, OB.

Morrigan

9:41 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

_Jon... you win! Funny comment of the day!

And Morrigan, you aren't converting me.

And for the rest... I can't get rid of my scale. I'm a scale freak. Mine also tells % body fat. But I use the weight for trending. I'm always trending my weight... I think it is a sickness. They probably make drugs for that now...

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home