Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Telling Tales Outside of Church

My second son's First Reconciliation was Saturday. This translates to First Confession. His First Holy Communion is coming up.

So last week I said to Father, when I saw him in the office as I was picking up bills for the school, "Father, I joke a lot about what a 7 year old can confess. They can't confess the big ticket items, they're too young. It's not like they can say, 'I coveted someone else's wife' or ' I committed adultery'." He said, "Hmm. I wonder what I would say if I had a 7 year old tell me he had committed adultry..." We laughed.

But Son#2's reconciliation has been a big topic. We get to the church and Father says to him in his thick brogue, "Are you nervous?" and my son says, "Yup" and Father says, "Me too." I wonder if he was thinking, "Did his Mom put him up to saying, "Bless me Father for I have sinned... I committed adultry..." Trust me, I was tempted. But I'm on Father's good side, and decided you don't play games with the sacraments and I left well enough alone.

I didn't ask what he confessed. It's not my business. But he did tell me; he just flat out told me. I'm actually not going to blog it, just say that with three boys there is lots of fighting. Anyway, he got off with 1 Our Father. I remember when Son#1 had his, he got off with 1 Our Father too. There was a kid in his class that had to do 5. I often wondered what that kid did.

But I am sure we will find out with time what it is like to have a child that has to recite 5 Our Fathers during his First Reconciliation because... afterall... I do have ONE MORE son. The running joke in the house is that when Son#3 has his reconciliation it is going to be looooonnnngggg. Son#2 told me, "When Son#3 goes, he's gonna have to do 10 Our Fathers, 20 Hail Mary's and 10 Glory Be's". I'm sure it won't be like that, but I'll be really surprised if he gets off with 1 Our Father... unless of course he lies... to a priest... which I wouldn't put past him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home