Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Boxer Boy

We were at dinner last night and my 5 year old leaned over and put his head in my lap. We were in a booth and he was tired. I did what I always do. My hand goes down to his bottom and pats it, then up to his back where I rub his back. It’s a habit from when he was a baby. This time, as I’m rubbing his back he lifts his head and says, “Mom, I’m going commando.”

Heh. Nice. So what do I do? Stupid me. I ask… why. He replies, “Because my undies make my weenie feel squished.” Lovely. This is definitely something I DO NOT identify with.

So I said, “Well, we can fix that. We have some boxers you can try. You might like those better.” Today was his first day of wearing boxers and I do believe we have claimed a victory in the squishy weenie battle. I will be going to K-Mart to shop for new underwear for him tomorrow… and out will go the 30 pairs of Sponge Bob, Spiderman, Hulk, Race Car, Mickey, and Elmo underwear. Well, maybe not the Hulk underwear. Those are still his fave. And the Elmo underwear got relegated to the back of the drawer after THIS incident.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Priceless! Where did he pick up "commando"? I don't think I knew that little catch phrase until my late teens...

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute is that!?! All those little moments are just golden, aren't they? [sigh]

pamibe

10:06 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

Just so you know....I'm gonna save this post and show it to him when he's, oh say 15! Yeah, that should have the appropriate "mom(said in whiney voice)" factor.

;-)

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. the kid is right, you know...

7:40 PM  
Blogger Bou said...

Ummm... I think I am guilty of teaching my boys the slang 'commando'. Not sure that was a good thing...

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home