Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Blog Families...

I have to tell you, whenever I think my life is stressful, I think of THIS girl. Her version of her day is HERE. Good Lord. I know I cause my own problems. She does not. This stuff just happens to her, yet her attitude is so... good. I was on the way for my karate class and got on the phone with her today, and the conversation went something like this… not exact quotes:

Tammi: Hunh. Something is wrong with my car. My RPMs are going crazy.
Me: Where are you?
Tammi: On I-4. Stuck in rush hour traffic. It would suck to break down here. (Conversation continues to some other topic.)
Tammi: Uh oh. Wait. It may be oil. My car is shaking.
Me: (quietly freaking on the other end… it is not as if I can help, I’m THREE hours away) Oil? You know, Machelle will know the answer to what is wrong with your car. (Thinking this is not imminent, but rather something she will deal with tomorrow.)
Tammi: Oh shit. My car is breaking down. Right now. I have to go now. I have to quietly freak out.

I called her back a couple seconds later with a suggestion on who to call, and it didn’t pan out, but she had good friends who got her and one of those Road Rangers blocked off the interstate since her car being broken down in the middle of I-4 is a BAD THING, and got her off to the side.

I called our blog bro _Jon right after I got off the phone with her (I had a Bad Example weekend question for him), so he called her after. It just made me feel better that someone was on her cell with her while she was stranded.

Funny thing, isn’t it. Tammi breaks down while on the phone with a girl she met through her blog. It is suggested she call another girl for car advice, a girl she met through blogs. Then she waits in her car while a guy she met through her blog, keeps her company on the phone.

And it’s really all because of Harvey. Is it any wonder we're all trying so hard to make this weekend happen?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammi said...

Thank you for the kind words (and the link)!! I'm glad to know I was almost calm while talking to you, cause it didn't feel that way in the car.

BTW - shot an email to Machelle for suggestions. Jon was a GodSend. As were you!! Sorry I didn't call earlier to let you know status. I was slammed with customers wondering why I wasn't there.

I love this group we got. I can't wait for our little gathering!!!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Harvey said...

Ya know, all I wanted to do was post pictures of scribbled-on dollar bills. I never meant for ANY of this to happen :-)

12:06 AM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Glad to hear all is well.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Then again, what ISN'T Harvey's fault?

1:25 PM  
Blogger Feisty said...

That is just so COOL!

I do know the feeling. These blog people have been so very good to me. Yourself included, Bou!

Thank you!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home