Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, December 27, 2004

The Inmates Always Run the Asylum

Update on Zoo Tycoon 2...

My sister, tired of continually hearing how the animals are running the zoo, eating each other and paying customers, decided to start her own zoo. We're at dinner and she is carrying on how her zoo has won all these great awards and accolades. "My zoo is clean. People love my zoo. The animals are fed properly and I don't have overpopulation..." The boys roll their eyes and say something like, "Her zoo is boring. Nobody gets eaten."

We get up from dinner, she resumes her 'zooing' and I'm checking my e-mail on the adjacent computer. Suddenly I hear her yelling at the computer, "Where did all these tigers come from? I only had 3! Now I have 15! And why are those damn penguins always needing more space?! They are soooooo high maintenance. And OOOOHHHH NOOOOO! Amy Smith just got bitten in half! My Polar Bear escaped and ate her! (Zoo Tycoon allows you to get stats on all your visitors.)"

So much for easy zoo keeping. I think my boys philosophy was the best. They had the happiest polar bears. The penguins were caged next to the polar bears, separated only by a river and a white picket fence... the penguins would meander on over... and instant snack. The polar bears were never hungry and always happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Happy polar bears. But how did the penguins feel about the arrangement??? :)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Can you check and see how the Llamas are doing for me? Please? ;)

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home