Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Cremation Sounded Very Warm

Eric of Straight White Guy quoted Robert Service yesterday. It was so funny… because I was JUST thinking about Robert Service…

I could not get warm. I.could.not. I was cold, the room I am sleeping in may work as a freezer box, my teeth were chattering, my body shaking, I.was.cold. Perpetually. Of course it would probably help if I wore shoes and socks, but that’s beside the point.

So teeth chattering, I got into the hot shower. I ould not get warm. I was frozen to the core and I was swearing I had never been so cold in my life and then a thought popped into my head, “Heh. I think I feel like Sam McGee .”

"There are strange things done in the midnight sun
By the men who moil for gold;
The Arctic trails have their secret tales
That would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,
But the queerest they ever did see
Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge
I cremated Sam McGee."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. thanks, Bou... R W Service is awesome... I've been a fan as long as I can remember... oh, I hope the weather breaks for you... warm up, girl..

4:20 PM  
Blogger Me said...

OMG I can't believe that while 'blog surfing' I stumbled upon your blog. I see you mentioned often in Jody's Iowa Geek blog... and as I sat here tonight hitting the 'next blog' button I stumbled into Boudicca's Voice... and there could only be one Boudicca. Sure enough: Iowa Geek is mentioned.

Now that formalities are out of the way; YES I know this chilled to the bone cold. I must have some reptilian blood in me because it takes a good hour in 90 degree sun to warm me to the core. I lay in bed at night shivering for about 3 hours until the surrounding area is sufficiently heated. About that time dh comes stumbling into bed... and complains "Wow you're hot!" as he tosses OFF the covers. Too bad HE isn't the early bird and me the night owl. He could get the bed warmed for me. ;)

10:22 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

Hi Bou! I just looked at the thermometer at Mom's house at 6am and it was 28 degrees outside. ARGGGHH. I can't get warm. Hot Tea, Fudge, Ski socks, slippers, and so on. It is COLD.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

It's not as cold down here - the low was 36 last night. HOWEVER - my sister and niece have arrived and of course we turn the furnace on....no heat. Only the air cond. works just fine, but not the furnace.

Everyone is miserable. Doesn't that just figure!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

It's warming up! I have high hopes! Let's face it, I could never move to Alaska and my mental note of my escaping my family one day and moving to Maine... well... lets just say that Maine is a very poor choice...

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home