Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Do They Have These Anymore?

Stuckeys. Do they have these anymore?

I was at the local orange growers stand the other day, buying my yearly half bushel of Indian River Navel Oranges (the best) to take home to my folks. On the counter as I was paying, I noticed these pecan logs. That took me back to...

Family trips. Cross country or to visit family... we always drove. Invariably, there would be a Stuckeys and we would stop. I have no clue why, I don't remember. I am guessing we would stop for lunch or something, maybe gas. Either way, it is irrelevant, because what I DO remember is we always got pecan logs. They are known in this house as 'Fart Logs'.

"Dad, Dad, Dad", we would yell, "It's a Stuckeys! We have to stop and get a Fart Log!"

See, these special pecan logs had a horrible effect on the digestive system... they caused gas. And not your silent odorless gas, but one of two kinds: ear crushing ripping gas or silent gas, both with a the horrible common denominator of the foulest, greenest, peel the paint off the wall, roll down the windows or we might all asphyxiate, screaming at the top of your lungs with regard to the putrid smell, smelling gas.


Awful. Seared in my memory Awful. And for some reason, it effected The Great Omnipotent One the most... and he would laugh that snickering laugh he gets, when he is doing something evil but he thinks is very very funny. (Kind of like Muttley from Dastardly and Muttley.)

Yet... we always wanted to stop. Blech. Sick twisted kids that we must've been.

So do they still have Stuckeys and if they do, do they still make Fart Logs? I often wonder how the Stuckey people would feel if they knew their pecan logs were known as Fart Logs...

2 Comments:

Blogger Contagion said...

I saw one just last summer in Minnesota. I've never eated in one as my father always said they where like a greasy spoon joint, only the food was bad.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuckey's are everywhere off the GA/AL interstates. They are now paired up with Dairy Queens at the gas stations...mmmm fart logs.

-Morrigan

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home