Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Light Bulb Went on Almost Too Late

Heh. Guess what I did tonight... in my spare time? I had to buy a teacher's gift. I'm an idiot.

Every year for Christmas, I buy gift certificates to my favorite tea shop for my kid's teachers. It's a cool place for women, full of knick knacks and fun girly stuff, eclectic tables all over and wonderful tea, scones, pastries, and lunch should you so desire. It is so much aimed at women, there is a big sign over the cash register that says, "Your husband called, he said you can buy anything you want."

Tomorrow is the last day of school until Christmas break, so I went in and bought all my gift certificates. At 6:00 tonight, I was addressing them... when I got to Son#1's teacher. Damn. He has the most wonderful teacher... the teacher I call "Man Teacher".

I love Man Teacher. He's probably about 50 years old and a heart of gold. He is such a GOOD person that I commented to one of the Mom's during the Nursing Home field trip that I could never be married to someone like Man Teacher. I would be forever hating myself for having such evil thoughts all the time where this man... well... there is just no way he does! You should have seen him with these elderly people in that nursing home! And he's also a High School basketball coach. And he is awesome with kids. And he helps the poor. And on and on and on... he walks the walk and talks the talk of his faith. A very good man.

So here I am staring at this gift certificate to this tea shop realizing I had messed up. So at 7:00 tonight, I drove over to Sports Authority, and bought him a gift I hope he finds suitable, but am attaching the gift receipt so he can return it.

Makes me wonder what he's going to get from all these kids....

5 Comments:

Blogger vw bug said...

Uh oh. I'm in trouble when my kids start school. I didn't know that teachers got anything but apples or a card. Sigh. Guess I'll be calling you in the next week to find out what I should know. :-P

6:42 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I bet perfect Man teacher would have been very gracious and used the tea house gift certificate. (Very nice, BTW. Tea rocks! I should tell my story about having tea in the British Parliament. Hmm, I may do that.)

But the sports place GC was probably a better gift. :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Hello! Follow the next logical step: Tea...Wine...Male... BEER! Get us all BEER! Anyone who is a real man would never reject it! You can get us our regular beer, or you can get us something new, we don't care as long as we can drink it and it has at least an average alcohol content (don't bother with the low-carb or light crap).

6:26 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

Merry Christmas, Bou!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Stu said...

We make English Toffee at this tme of year and we gave that to our kids teachers along with some gift certificates.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home