Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

'C' isn't for Cookie Anymore...

I’m really tired of the potty talk. 'Poop' is a word that comes out a lot and I have come to loathe it.

Tonight after soccer, the kids are in the car and they’re playing the “I’m going on a trip” ABC car game. In our game, you can use phrases; you don’t have to use single words. It went something like this:

Some Son: “I’m going on a trip and I’m taking an Apple.”
Next Son: “I’m going on a trip and I’m taking an Apple and a Box of used tissues.”
Next Son: “I’m going on a trip and I’m taking an Apple, a Box of used tissues, and Crap.”

Much laughter from them… I am choosing to ignore it.

Next Son: “I’m going on a trip and I’m taking an Apple, A Box of used tissues, Crap, and Dog Poop.”
Some Son: “You can’t say that. Mom doesn’t like potty talk.”
Another Son: “Yeah, he’s right. You can’t.”
Original Son: “Fine. I’m going on a trip and I’m taking an Apple, a Box of used tissues, Crap and Dog Crap.”
Some Son: “That’s better.”
Me: “Wait. That’s better? I don’t like potty talk, but your entire game is full of ‘crap’?”
A Son: “Yeah. You don’t like that word poop. That is potty talk. But Crap isn’t, so we’ll just say crap all the time.”

Now… I personally think that ‘crap’ sounds WORSE, but I am now both speechless and quietly laughing at this skewed perception.

Another Son: “You know… I think you should make it Dog Crap Diarrhea since Diarrhea starts with D.”

I’m ignoring it still. And the game continues. I continually blocked out the entire game when they got to “Explosive Nuclear Crap.”

BUT… at least it isn’t Potty Talk.

8 Comments:

Blogger Caltechgirl said...

Ha!! I miss living with boys (even if they were at least 10 years older than yours at the time)...

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine who got them hooked on that game. AHHH...good times.

-Morrigan

9:50 PM  
Blogger Ogre said...

I don't know why, but "Poop" is a truly funny word. It makes no sense. Don't believe me? Try and read this 10 times fast without laughing or evoking laughter from those around you:

Poop-a-dy Poop. Poop-a-poopity poop.

See?

9:57 PM  
Blogger Feisty said...

I'm laughing hysterically. I love that game...

I've never lived with boys, but we toobed with the teenage sons of a friend of mine this past summer. The boys brought Planter's peanuts with them as a snack on the river. For the rest of the afternoon, all I heard was: "Who's got the NUTS?"

9:58 PM  
Blogger Tammi said...

ROTFLMAO!!

You should have called....I'da talked you in.. ;-)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Jovianne said...

ROFLMAO!!!
You have to admire their imaginations !!!
Bless their little hearts.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Anathematized1 said...

I love the word poop. (I have an affinity for palindromes.) It has so many meanings. You should call them on it - stern, exhausted, information, etc.

OK, gotta go to lunch.

12:37 PM  
Blogger vw bug said...

ROTFL... Mine make the noises and your boys say the words. I can't wait to see them again. Not that I would prompt them to do anything. GRIN.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home