Name:
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida, United States

Recently have been told I look like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island. I hadn't heard that in years, but that is a good place to start as to what I look like, although she had a better bod. I have three boys and have been married for 13 years. Born of a Navy family, in Hawaii, one Mom, one Dad, one sister and one brother. The eldest of three children. BS in Applied Mathematics. Consider Pensacola my home town although I moved every 2-3 years of my life growing up. Currently work in the aerospace industry in an engineering position while being a Mom. Of Celtic heritage and very proud of it.

Monday, October 25, 2004

Sing With Me Now... "Short People..."

I was over at That 1 Guy's and he posted about picking up his Mom's dishwasher and holding it like a boom box. Can you imagine how BIG you have to be to do something like that? Every now and then he posts something that just really hammers home the fact that if I stood next to him, I would look like a hobbit. Did I say I was only 5'2? Yeah. A picture of him is in THIS post. *grin* He's a cutie.

OK, so the post he wrote about the dishwasher reminded me that last week my husband came back from a business trip and said one of the clients he met was 7'5". Yes... read that again. SEVEN FEET, FIVE INCHES tall. Wow. I would look.so.small. That's 2 feet 3 inches bigger than I, in case you can't do to the math. Big.

And all I kept thinking was... I could never be married to someone that big... I would get crushed to death. *ahem* If you know what I mean...

4 Comments:

Blogger That 1 Guy said...

*scratching head* I don't know what you mean by that Bou! (grinning)

7'5" .... holy crap, lion tours! Impressive.

Oh, the dishwasher ... that wasn't even related to the move. That was a drinking incident! But it was funny. :)

1:09 AM  
Blogger Harvey said...

I'm only 5'10", but Beloved Wife is a mere 5'0", so I've got job security. We'll be married as long as we live in a house with high shelves.

I feel emotionally threatened by step-stools.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Bou said...

My husband has security as long as he keeps killing bugs, opening jars, taking out the trash and removing dead rodent bodies. I'm a climber. If I can't reach something, forget the stool, I'll climb right up on the counter or washing machine or dryer. I refuse be believe there is something out there I cannot reach! Maybe a bit of a female Napoleon complex? Ack!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Tammi said...

I hate to break it to everyone but I am lobbying for an ammendment to the constitution. I want it to be Wrong, Bad, Illegal - you name it - a big no no for men over 6'3 to date, marry ect ect woman under 5'10".

You petite little dainty women get all the good guys. It's time for us tall girls to fight back.

The good news is I would request a grandfather clause that makes this only going forward.

;-)

So, what do you think my chances of success are?

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home